Honey is a natural ingredient made primarily of fructose and glucose, which has minerals and vitamins that can nourish the body. Due to its ability to retain water, honey is an effective hair moisturizer. Hair products that contain honey can help to moisturize the hair and prevent tangling and breakage of the hair. see How to Use Honey for Hair
Is Honey Good For Hair Growth?
- Honey is an emollient which means it seals moisture in your hair, keeping it conditioned. This reduces breakage, which is often a cause for slower hair growth.
- It has rich antioxidant properties which prevent damage, keeping your scalp and hair healthy.
- Honey strengthens the hair follicles, curbing hair fall.
- Honey also comprises antibacterial and antiseptic qualities. This prevents scalp infections and soothes issues like dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis, allowing for unhindered hair growth.
- Honey cleans the hair follicles by getting rid of impurities. This minimized clogging is often a reason for hair loss.
- Using honey as a hair care ingredient not only boosts hair growth but also stimulates hair re-growth from dormant follicles.
Get soft stronger hair with honey
1. Honey Helps Smoothen Hair And Prevent Psoriasis On The Scalp
Honey is known as an emollient. It means that honey is a natural softener, so it is a wonderful hair conditioner that can smoothen your hair. In addition, honey has antiseptic & anti-bacterial qualities that keep the scalp clean. Furthermore, honey also helps prevent psoriasis or fungal infection on the scalp. This food will help you lower the risk of developing itchy scalp and dandruff.
2. Honey Can Stimulate Hair Growth And Prevent Hair Loss
Honey is a natural antioxidant, as a result, honey tends to make the scalp healthy & stimulate hair growth. Honey also is often used in remedies for hair loss. This food contains humectant that can prevent hair loss only by preventing your hair’s loss of moisture. In addition, the high sugar content of this food helps you retain moisture that in turn maintain the moisture content of your hair & strengthen the hair follicles.
3. Honey Helps Improve The Health Of Your Hair Follicles
Because honey is an emollient, so it also helps improve the health of your hair follicles that are responsible for your hair growth. Many researchers say that the right use of honey for hair treatment can help wake up sleeping hair follicles that boost the growth of your hair.
Is Honey Useful for Dry Hair?
- Being a natural humectant, honey attracts moisture into the hair from the environment. It forms a protective layer on the hair which in turn helps to retain the moisture in the hair shafts.
- Honey is an emollient that moisturizes the dry hair and makes it soft and lustrous.
- The enzymes and nutrients in honey provide nourishment to the hair follicles and help to rejuvenate dry, dull and damaged hair.
- Antioxidants present in honey protect the hair from sun damage, pollution and dry air which are some of the main causes of dry hair.
How to Use Honey for Dry Hair?
Honey is one of the best humectants of nature which makes it an effective remedy for dry hair. You can either use honey or Manuka honey for the below methods. Here are few methods using honey for treating dry hair.
1. Honey Pack
A simple combination of raw organic honey and water is good enough to treat rough, dry and brittle hair.
- Take 1/4th cup of raw organic honey in a bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to it and stir it with a spoon so that consistency of the honey thins out a bit.
- Now apply this mixture to your damp hair and scalp thoroughly. Tie up your hair in a bun.
- Wait for 30 to 40 minutes and wash your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Shampooing your hair after washing out the honey is completely optional.
- You can reapply this pack every other day for a few weeks.
2. Honey and Egg Mask
Eggs are loaded with protein that helps to strengthen the hair follicles and prevent breakage. Vitamin A found in egg yolk enhances sebum production in the scalp and helps to keep the hair well-moisturized. Healthy fatty acids in egg form a protective layer on the hair strands and prevent moisture loss from the hair.
- Break an egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to it and mix thoroughly using a spoon.
- Apply this mixture all over wet scalp and hair and put on a shower cap.
- Let it sit for an hour and then rinse thoroughly with cold water followed by a mild shampoo.
- Follow this procedure 2 to 3 times a week for at least a month.
3. Honey and Banana Pack
Ripe bananas are a rich source of mineral potassium that moisturizes, rehydrates and rejuvenates dry hair. The natural oils in banana form a protective layer over the hair stands that help to retain moisture within the hair.
- Take an over-ripe banana and mash it using a fork.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to it and mix thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture evenly to your damp hair and scalp and put on a shower cap.
- Wait for an hour and rinse your hair with water followed by a mild shampoo.
- Follow this process 3 to 4 times a week for few weeks.