The number 1 thing to remember for skin care in rainy season is to keep your skin away from dampness. Sounds hard but it’s not. This is because damp skin to microbes and fungi is what a candy store is to a child. These can result in all sorts of skin problems ranging from irritation and rashes to ringworm. Here is the perfect Monsoon Skin Care Tips.
Monsoon Skin Care Routine: The Don’ts
- Don’t shower with steaming hot water. It will make your skin capillaries weak and cause skin damage.
- Don’t cleanse in a hurry; not cleansing adequately translates to bacterial invasion which then triggers breakouts.
Monsoon Skin Care Routine: The Do’s
- Do eat wholesome meals which include good fats because they are pivotal in repairing damaged skin and also retaining moisture.
- Do let your feet breathe. Wearing closed footwear will make your feet sweat, which in turn will lead to fungal and bacterial infections. Instead wear waterproof footwear like sandals and floaters.
- Do make sure when you go for a pedicure that the tools are sterilized. While most salons do maintain hygienic conditions, wet spells make it hard to do so. Check that all the tools are disinfected; if required ask them to do so in front of you.
Effective skin tips for monsoon
Here are a few more skin tips that will effectively help you to get a naturally toned and cleansed skin during the rainy or monsoon season. Let your umbrellas be out with your easy breathy outfits and flip flops to cherish the lovely season in full swing.
It is important to indulge in cleansing of your skin by using a mild face wash to remove the impurities from the surface of your skin. To avoid any infection, try to use a mild face wash or resort to homemade face packs, soapy content can prove to be futile during monsoon especially for sensitive skin.
Exposure to humidity and rains can lead to clogging of the skin pores. They need to be hydrated and breathe freely to avoid any free radicals enter the space and penetrate deep inside the epidermis. Ensure using a good quality toner by soaking a cotton ball and applying it generously all over your face and neck at least twice a week.
Drink lots of water
This is perhaps an eternal secret to a glowing hydrated and fuller supple skin all throughout the year. You must be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep the skin problems away. Water adds an element of hydration and boost your skin’s essential oils, flushes toxins away and leaves your skin feeling fresh and amazing as ever.
The best way to avoid your skin become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria during monsoon. You must use a high-quality scrub for exfoliating a skin once a week. Over exfoliation will remove the essential oils naturally produced leaving your skin rough and lifeless over a course of time.
Some ladies regularly apply bleach over their face to get a glow. But, skin care tips for monsoon include avoiding of bleaching. You may use bleach in any other season but monsoon is the season when bleaches should be strictly avoided. This can even make your face rough.
Tips For Oily skin
The main reason behind having oily skin is hormonal changes that are genetically determined. There is nothing much one can do to change skin condition permanently, however little changes in the way you take care of your skin will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks. Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition:
- Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not over do it as too much of washing leads to
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try and use natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones.
- Stay away from using heavy cleansing products.
- Use home remedies such as pack made of chick -pea flour (also known as besan) and milk, lemon and honey etc that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
- Try using hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. This will help in dissolving the oil on the skin in a better way thereby leaving it supple and soft.
Easy tips for you to look gorgeous in rainy season
- Un -Frizze your hair: Rainy season will give your hair frizz. You may have any kind of hair, you will get frizz! The static in your hair makes you go crazy, we understand. You must keep your hair’s cuticle sealed at all times to avoid this fuzzy texture. A simple thing to do is use a light mousse or gel all over the hair and work it through so that the entire follicle is smooth.
- Enjoy your bath time: Like the skin on your face, the rest of your body needs its regular pampering too. To avoid infections, bathe twice a day. Use an anti fungal soap. Add a dash of your favorite essential oil to your bath to keep yourself feeling fresh and nice. Towel dry is the best and use a water based body lotion for hydration.
- Go light, please! Avoid heavy creams and foundations that can go patchy. Use waterproof mascaras and eye liners. Keep your look natural and light.
- Manis and pedis are important for you: The in-betweens of your fingers and toes are most susceptible to fungal infections. A regular manicure and pedicure will ensure clean feet, hands and healthy nails.
- Pack the essentials: When heading out, carry skin-essentials in your bag. Blotting paper, wipes, beauty sponges, Q tips, etc. Even in cloudy weather, your skin needs protection from the sun. Carry a small bottle of sunscreen lotion.Make sure you follow these tips regularly.