Winter is round the corner. With the exotic climatic change, there comes a change not only in your mood but also in your skin and body. The winter season get some irritating yet common issues in human face; one of the major being the chapped lips. Now, those who are more prone towards this issue must be pretty worried about how to protect or treat their dry and chapped lips with the early onset of winter. So if you are one of those sufferers of cracked or chapped lips and want to know about some natural ways to treat or prevent your lips during winter; then all you can do is go through the current article which holds some special lips care tips in winter and natural home remedies for chapped lips.
Causes Of Chapped Lips:
“Winter is not the only danger!” Now, it is not that only cold climate encounters you with chapped lips. There are various other reasons which lead to dry and chapped lips. Let us study all such crucial causes of chapped or cracked lips which create a dark mark on your beautifully soft and pink lips. Check these causes below.
- Extreme cold as well as extreme hot weather.
- Some women have a habit of biting their lips very often. This can lead to bleeding and cracked or chapped lips.
- Aging encounters you with chapped lips.
- Use of excessive lipsticks can also cause chapped lips. The chemicals present in lipsticks are highly dangerous for the lip. So either with the overuse of lipstick or by using cheap and low quality lipstick might lead to chapped lips.
- Dehydration is one of the major causes of chapped lips.
- Using lip balms containing any kind of alcohol can lead to lip skin irritation and cracked lips.
- Sometimes touching your lips with fingers can cause certain types of infection in your lips (caused by the bacteria on your hands). These infections may aggravate chapped lips.
- Apart from all these causes, LICKING OF LIPS is the worst habit that causes chapped lips.
Some Simple Tips to Take Care of Your Dry Lips in Winter
1.Go Outside Less
If not more urgent, stay at home. It prevents the exposure to the dry air and bitterly cold wind. Take exercise while staying inside. Don’t forget to use a natural lip balm always. Switch on the humidifier. It will keep the indoor air moist.
Scrub Your Lips Once a Week
Exfoliating is a good idea to remove the dry, dead or chapped skin cells. After exfoliating, the lips look fresher and evener. You must moisturize your lips after scrubbing. Use the mixer of honey and brown sugar as a natural exfoliator. You can also use any good readymade scrub, toothbrush or washcloth to exfoliate the lips. And don’t scrub more than twice a week.
3.Use Moisturizing Lipstick for Dry Lips
I recommend you, avoid lipstick in the winter season. Instead of it, use moisturizing lip balm containing immobile colorful tint. If you cannot walk without lipstick, apply the moisturizing based lip color. Or moisturize your lips first with an ointment, then wear your favorite lipstick. At anyhow, you cannot sleep with lipstick. After removing the lip makeup, use a moisturizer to soften the lips through the night. Use makeup remover rich in natural moisturizer to get rid of your lipstick.
4.Control Your Room Temperature
While you are protecting your lips from the outdoor dry air or elements, be careful about your indoor air situation. The heating system of room at winter makes the air drier that the indoor. That’s why; the room temperature is more harmful to the lip skin. Just buy a quality “Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier” and set up it when you stay at room or home. Keep the humidifier temperature 30-40%. It keeps the inside air ideally moist. Don’t use the humidifier more that 50% because excessive humidity can cause bacteria and other microorganisms. You should also use a humidifier at your office. Then you can be protected both at home and office.
5.Protect Your Lips during Sleeping
The night-time is the best duration to let your lips stayed moisturizing all day long in cold months. Apply a beeswax lip balm thickly on your lips. The lips suck the balm throughout the night that basically keeps alive the pout for hours at daytime. Or you can leave some pure honey on the lips. Honey is a natural humectant and antioxidant to moisturize, protect and make the lips healthy.
6.Cover Your Lips from the Elements
When you are going outside, cover your lips with a scarf or a ski mask so that the harsh air might not reach your mouth or lips. Also, bring an SPF-rich lip balm with you. Some winter coat hoods have Velcro or button snaps that secure the bottom lines of your face. Wearing this coat, ensure the warmer of your face, protect the face and lips from the harsh wind and hold moisturizer inside.
Tip For Treating Chapped Lips At Home: Natural Home Remedies For Winter Lip Care!
Your lips started smiling from your home. It is natural they would look for some kind of treatment measures for your chapped lips, right from your home. So why not try out some natural home remedies and check out some natural tips to treat your chapped lips, especially during the winter? This current section is all about some home remedies to treat chapped lips.
- Honey Works Great For Lip Care:Honey as discussed above is one of the best natural care taker of your lips.
- Take a teaspoon of honey in one finger and apply it over your chapped lips while going to bed
- Let it stay overnight for better results.
- Lemon Juice For Lip Care:Lemon juice along with one teaspoon of cream or milk can act as a great home remedy for chapped lips.
- Mix 3-4 drops of lemon juice with one teaspoon of milk cream
- Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for at least one hour
- Next apply it on your lips for better results before bed, at least for a minimum of 3 days.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) For Lip Care:Ghee is another natural home remedy for chapped lips.
- Applying few drops of ghee on your lips aids you in getting softer and smoother moist lips in no time.
- Keep a habit of applying ghee every night before sleep.
- Honey and Glycerin Using Tips For Caring For Lips:Honey along with glycerine acts as a natural care taker of your chapped lips.
- Take one teaspoon of honey and mix few drops of glycerine to it.
- Apply the mixture on your lips and keep it for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Now wash your lips with normal water
- Apply only glycerin to your lips and keep it overnight.
Enjoy the winter breezes and protect your lips for those wonderful smiles to welcome your days..!