Papaya contains significant amounts of fiber, folate, and vitamins A and C. It’s also relatively low in calories, making it a good choice for those looking to lose weight. Add papaya to your morning smoothie, use it in a fruit salad for a snack or make a fruit salsa to serve beside fish or chicken. now see the How to weight lose with papaya
How to Lose Weight with Papaya
It’s always been said that papaya is the fruit of good health. It has a sweet, pleasant taste and beautiful color. Deep within its wonderful pulp lies a component known as papain, capable of providing huge therapeutic benefits to the body. And that’s not all – you can even lose weight with papaya.Would you like to know how?
Papaya is a tropical fruit known around the world. It is therefore easily found, in order to benefit from it. It is a wonderful diuretic and antioxidant, it possesses a large amount of plant fiber, and very little calories. It also provides a good about of vitamins A, C, and B, calcium, iron and phosphorous. And if that weren’t enough, papaya also helps in weight loss and fighting cellulite.
How to weight lose with papaya
You will follow this diet for two days a week. Ideally you should follow it for two or three months. Not only will you lose weight, but you will also detoxify your body and take care of your digestive system. It’s worth the effort to try it for 48 hours, follow these guidelines listed below.
Always search for fresh papaya that isn’t overly ripe. Start the diet at breakfast. Ideally, you should drink a glass of soy or oatmeal water during those two days, with two teaspoons of wheat germ or some other grain. This will give you enough fiber. Afterwards, eat a papaya salad. Choose a medium sized papaya, peel and cut it into squares. This is a healthy and nutritious way to start the day.
- For lunch, make a whole grain salad. You could cook it with vegetable broth, and then accompany it with diced tomatoes, a few leaves of spinach, some olives, a clove of garlic and the juice from half a lemon. After your whole grain rice, drink papaya juice.
- On your second day of the diet, make baked eggplant for lunch, and a small spinach salad with olive oil dressing and a few pieces of beets. Afterwards, drink papaya juice.
For a snack, make a juice from half a papaya and two slices of pineapple. Clean your fruit well and blend them together to a smooth mixture.
- For dinner, prepare one cup of vegetable broth. You could use onion, celery and lemon juice. For dessert, of course, eat a diced papaya.
- On your second day, prepare a few artichokes. Cook them well and dress with a bit of salt and vinegar. You could accompany it with a slice of whole grain toast with a bit of olive oil. To finish your dinner, serve a diced papaya.
Weight loss benefits of papaya seeds
This might surprise you, but papaya seeds have incredible health properties:
- They care for the kidneys when suffering from kidney failure.
- Eliminate toxins and possible intestinal parasites.
- Protect the liver, especially if suffering from cirrhosis.
- Care for the digestive system: papaya seeds have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Additionally, papaya seeds have the ability to prevent the body from absorbing fats, or making fat in excess. This is to say, it acts as a regulator. So, how can you benefit from them? How can papaya seeds be consumed? It’s easy. There are lots of options available. Some people prefer to blend them while others prefer to take them like pills. Ideally you should do this at breakfast, eat between 8 and 10 seeds. It’s easier to take them when diced. Combining them with a glass of grapefruit is even better.
Calories and Macronutrients
You can eat a whole cup of fresh cubed papaya, or about 5.2 ounces, for just 62 calories. This serving of papaya has 0.4 gram of fat, 0.7 gram of protein and 15.7 grams of carbohydrates. Trade in your usual sweet dessert for a cup of papaya, and you’ll save calories and fat, making it easier to reach your weight-loss goals.
High in Fiber
People who consumed a low-fat diet high in fiber lost more weight than those consuming a diet high in fat and low in fiber, according to a study published in May 2006 in “Diabetologia.” Each cup of papaya features 2.5 grams of fiber, or 10 percent of the daily value. Fiber adds bulk to your food and slows the emptying of your stomach, helping you feel full for longer so you can eat less throughout the day.
Potential for Weight Loss
Fresh papaya is low in energy density, or calories per gram. Consuming foods that are low in energy density, such as most fruits and vegetables, allows you to fill up without consuming a lot of calories, making it easier to lose weight. A study published in “Nutrition Research” in April 2008 found that each 3.5 ounce per day increase in fruit consumption was associated with a 0.6 pound loss in weight over a period of six months.