Monsoon Feet Care Tips:
Here are some home remedies for monsoon foot care:
* Foot Soak: In one-fourth bucket of warm water, add half cup of coarse salt and 10 drops of lemon, or orange essential oil (if you cannot get essential oil, use half cup of lemon or orange juice). If your feet tend to sweat a lot, use a few drops of tea tree oil, as it has germicidal properties. It helps to deal with bad odour. Soak the feet for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Foot Lotion: Mix together three tablespoons of rose water, two tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon pure glycerin. Apply on feet and leave on for half an hour.
* Foot Care for Dryness: In one-fourth bucket cold water, put two tablespoons honey, one tablespoon herbal shampoo, one tablespoon almond oil. Soak feet in it for 20 minutes.
* Cooling foot bath: Add rose water, lemon juice and a splash of eau de cologne in cold water and soak feet in it. This method cools, cleans and removes odour.
* Cooling Massage Oil: Take 100 ml olive oil and add two drops eucalyptus oil, two drops rosemary oil and three drops khus, or rose oil. Mix together and keep in airtight glass jar. Use a little of this for foot massage. It cools and protects the skin and keeps it healthy.
Here are some other important monsoon body care tips that you should remember for a healthy feet.
Wash your feet:
It is true that you came home with a wet foot, but not a clean one. One of the important feet care tips is to wash your feet with soap and water to remove any accumulated dirt. Wash your footwear as well and keep it to get dried.
Keep feet dry
Always remember to keep your feet dry. Wipe your foot with a clean and dry towel to make it dry. Care must be taken if you are a diabetic patient to avoid too much force as you may be unaware of any wounds or infections that are already in plac
Use talcum powder
Apply some talcum powder on your feet after washing and drying it properly. This will help absorb any left moisture and will keep your feet dry. Another among popular feet care tips is that if you need to wear socks, do it only after applying talcum powder.
Never wear wet socks
Avoid wearing wet socks in any case. Wet socks acts as the main reason for the common fungal infections that are seen during the monsoon season. Feet care tips during monsoon also gives importance to drying your feet every time you remove wet socks.
Wear Closed Shoes
Do your feet get in contact with rain water daily and you are facing problems with that? Try to wear closed shoes in monsoon seasons. It will prevent direct contact of your feet with rain water, dirt and mud of the road. If you have to walk in roads for your work place try to follow this tips because we all know “Prevention is better than cure”.
Kitchen Ingredients You Can Use to Protect Your Feet During Monsoons
1. Lemon for exfoliation
Lemon slices act as a great natural scrub that can help in exfoliating and getting rid of dry skin. You can even mix of lime juice with honey and olive oil and apply over worn-out feet for a moisturizing effect. A lemon foot soak is a great remedy for smelly feet. Squeeze some lime juice in a tub of lukewarm water and soak your feet in it for 10-15 minutes.
2. Milk and baking soda for DIY pedicure
Why head to a salon when you can do your own pedicure at home with natural ingredients? All you need is two-three cups of milk mixed with three tablespoons of baking soda. Warm the milk and then add the baking soda to it. Dip your feet in this mixture and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water later. This works really well for dry and scaly feet.
3. Coconut oil for cracked heels
Cracked heels can be painful. Treat them by rubbing some coconut oil gently over the affected area and leave it on overnight. Coconut oil moisturizes your skin and makes your heels smooth. You can cover with socks to allow the skin to totally absorb the oil.
The good-old cooling curd works like magic for removing sun tan. Apply it every alternate day on your feet and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before you wash off. You see a difference in two-three applications.
Try these natural home remedies and say goodbye to all your beauty problems this monsoon season.